DRIVE THE eTGE NOW!
Head into the future! The MAN eTGE re-energises your business.
|Engine||100 kW, 290 NM torque|
|Battery||Lithium-ion HV 35.8 kWh|
|Charging||MAN AC Wallbox up to 7.2 kW, DC charging up to 40 kW|
|Range||110 - 115 km (WLTP)|
|Payload||approx. 975 kg (at 3.5 t)|
|Top speed||90 km/h|
|Vehicle length/height||5.986 x 2.590 m|
|Equipment||Emergency Brake Assist
MAN Media Van Navigation infotainment system
Active Lane Guard System
Our eTGE campaign model
MAN TGE 3.140 E high-roof van, wheelbase
3,640 mm, 1-speed gearbox
- Top km leasing rate of just €499 / month**
- including service contract
- Term 48 months
- Annual mileage: 10,000 km
- Down payment of €2,500
- Load volume 10.7 m3
- Maximum payload 975 kg***
- 110-115 km range****
- Battery warranty over the entire term of the lease
Perfectly covered with MAN ComfortSuper
Everything is included for just €499** per month – except unpleasant surprises. Because thanks to the MAN ComfortSuper* service contract, consequential costs are already covered:
- All service and inspection work
- Wear-and-tear repairs
- All vehicle repairs (excluding wear & tear)
- Regulatory measures
- In accordance with the conditions of the ComfortSuper contract from MAN Truck & Bus Deutschland GmbH.
- Leasing offer plus €880 transfer costs, special lease payment: €2,500. Non-binding offer in connection with MAN Financial Services Deutschland, subject to a positive credit check. Exclusively valid for companies based in Germany, subject to changes to price and equipment. Valid until 29.03.2020, only with commercial permit in calendar year 2020. All prices plus VAT.
- Valid for eTGE with 3.5 t gross weight.
- The range specified corresponds to the result obtained through the Worldwide Harmonised Light vehicles Test Procedure (WLTP) on the roller dynamometer. The actual range will deviate from this in practice. The range may particularly vary due to the driving style, speed, tyre choice, use of convenience / auxiliary consumers, exterior temperature, number of passengers / load and topography.
Inner-city traffic is all about short distances: From the workshop to the construction site and back. Delivery runs all over the city. Transporters travelling in inner cities usually only cover short distances. The eTGE is the ideal vehicle for this task. Numerous studies have shown a daily average mileage of 60 - 80 km, which the MAN eTGE handles effortlessly.
According to WLTP, the MAN eTGE achieves a range of 110 to 115 km. This value is based on a driving cycle with predominantly high speeds. Depending on other factors, such as route topography or the use of auxiliary consumers, the range can be increased even further. However, there are certain basics that apply to the MAN eTGE as much as for any other electric vehicle: You should always plan for a reserve, since individual driving styles can significantly influence the range.
New test cycle
The acronym WLTP stands for “Worldwide Light Duty Vehicle Test Procedure”. The new standard for test bench measurements is intended to be valid worldwide. The test conditions for the WLTP are designed in such a way that they reflect real driving conditions as accurately as possible. At the same time, the measurements performed under controlled conditions in the laboratory ensure that it is possible to compare the WLTP data of the vehicles beyond national borders.
The eTGE provides you with generous loading space for your boxes, shelves and equipment. With up to 10.7 3, it has the same loading transport capacity as a standard MAN TGE panel van with rear drive and high roof. First and foremost, however, our eTGE offers you optimal support for your daily transport operations: The interior of the electric transporter is extremely versatile, allowing you to choose from numerous design options – from wooden or universal flooring, tie-down rails and claddings for floor, side walls, separating wall and ceiling, to precision-fitted shelving systems. Bright LED lighting for the loading bay is also available for the eTGE – as standard.
Drive performance comparison
In start-stop inner-city traffic, the eTGE offers you the decisive advantage in terms of performance: The electric engine delivers a torque of 290 Nm from standstill and reaches its full capacity of 100 kW (136 HP) even at low engine speeds. By comparison: The TGE with a 103 kW (140 HP) diesel drive offers you slightly more power in its top range, but you will only benefit from the 340 Nm once the engine is running at full capacity.
How does recuperation work?
Each time the vehicle is coasting, new electricity is generated and the range is thus increased. Recuperation ensures that the kinetic energy of your eTGE is not lost. Instead, it flows back into the battery.
The term recuperation is primarily used for alternative drive systems. It describes the process in which electric vehicles convert kinetic energy back to electric energy.
In contrast to conventional diesel drives where most of the kinetic energy is dissipated during the braking process without being used, electric vehicles exploit this energy to increase their range.
The MAN eTGE has a single recuperation stage when the vehicle is coasting. This means that when the driver removes his foot from the gas pedal and the vehicle is simply rolling, the electric engine functions as an alternator. The wheels transmit the kinetic energy to the electric engine via the driveline, meaning the engine then functions similarly to a dynamo on a bicycle: The car is braked and the recuperated energy is fed into the high-voltage battery. When driving off again or increasing speed, this energy is available to the electric vehicle again.
With the MAN eTGE, your transports and deliveries are environmentally friendly, quiet, and economical. The all-electric drive ensures low-wear as well as energy-efficient and particularly quiet operation. On any journey, by day or by night – whether in the city centre or on your routes throughout the region.
The powerful and robust electric engine especially proves its efficiency on routes with numerous intermediate stops or in heavy inner-city traffic and yields the biggest savings. Where diesel vehicles in stop-and-go traffic consume a lot of fuel and severely strain the engine, gearbox and brakes, the MAN eTGE can truly show its strengths: During each coasting phase, recuperation provides you with new electric energy, which is fed to the high-voltage battery of the vehicle.
A compact powerhouse for top performance
At the heart of our MAN eTGE is a highly efficient lithium-ion battery. Despite its compact design and low weight, the high-voltage system boasts a gross storage capacity of roughly 36 kWh. The 264 battery cells of the MAN eTGE are integrated into the vehicle frame below the loading space, where they are optimally protected. This solution not only saves space, but also provides a low centre of gravity and ideal weight distribution.
|Battery type||Lithium-ion battery (NMC/C)|
|Nominal power or battery capacity||35.8 kWh|
|Nominal voltage||323 V|
|Temperature range||- 25 to 55 °C|
Ready to go! The ideal charging point for your eTGE is the MAN AC Wallbox. Installed on the premises of your company or at home, it ensures that your electric transporter is freshly charged overnight and ready for you each morning. The compact charging unit with a connected load of 7.2 kW fully charges your eTGE in less than five and a half hours (05:20 hrs).
Your local sales advisor will be happy to advise you on the different charging options. You will need a certified electrician to install the MAN AC Wallbox.
Total flexibility when “Fuelling electricity”. Your electric transporter needs to cover additional distance today? No problem. Our series standard CCS charging socket makes it easy for you to top on energy. Fast DC charging at any CCS DC voltage charging station with 40 kW output: After just 45 minutes the battery of your MAN eTGE is filled up again by 80%.
By the way: The eTGE comes with a standard on-board navigation system that shows you the closest charging station. Please note that you will require a special charging card or app, depending on the charging station operator.
Stay mobile. Everywhere. Even if there is no charging station! The charging unit of our MAN eTGE also makes it possible to use a conventional 230 V socket, e.g. while working on the construction site or at home in your garage.
For a full charge using standard power, we recommend charging overnight.
The eTGE is a true MAN And of course you can also rely on 100% MAN service quality when it comes to maintenance and repair. Specially trained technicians will take care of your MAN eTGE at any of our service centres near you. To ensure that you are always good to go, we offer service and maintenance contracts that are tailored precisely to your mobility requirements. The only thing that will be different is the engine oil change that you are used to from diesel vehicles. Because your eTGE doesn’t need it.
Many parts of a conventional combustion engine are no longer required for electric vehicles due to the alternative drive system. Among these are engine components such as air, fuel and oil filter, the engine cooling system and the spark plugs. Other wear parts such as the exhaust system, clutch or manually operated gearbox also no longer exist. The absence of the sliding contacts as they are found in three-phase synchronous engines make the engine wear-free. This alone reduces maintenance costs due to the smaller number of components installed.
The eTGE is a true MAN as you know it: robust, reliable and durable. This is particularly true for its innovative, fully electric drive system. We have compiled a list of answers to the most important customer questions here.
No distinction is made between vehicles with internal combustion engines and electric vehicles when it comes to licences. This means that the same prerequisites that apply to transporters with diesel engines also apply to the eTGE.
Licence holders with licence category B can drive the eTGE version with a total permissible weight of 3.5 t.
The MAN eTGE includes the MAN Media Van Navigation infotainment system as standard. The navigation system in the eTGE automatically shows you the closest charging option for your electric vehicle instead of the closest petrol station.
Please note that you will require a special charging card or app, depending on the charging column operator, in order to charge your eTGE. It is therefore sensible to investigate where you can find a suitable charging column in your area before setting off.
The MAN eTGE is already equipped with all the main assistant systems as standard:
- The Emergency Brake Assist1 warns the driver if the MAN eTGE is approaching an obstacle and the driver doesn’t react or does so too late. If there is an immediate risk of an accident, the system automatically carries out an emergency braking manoeuvre (up to 30 km/h).
- The Flank Protection Assistant1 provides the driver in the eTGE with a 360° all-round view via the vehicle display and shows any possible collision hazards in the planned lane at speeds up to 30 km/h. In addition, 16 ultrasonic sensors continuously monitor the distance to obstacles around the vehicle. The Flank Protection Assistant uses an acoustic signal to warn the driver as soon as the eTGE moves too close to an obstacle.
- The active Lane Guard System1 recognises when the vehicle unintentionally leaves the traffic lane. In this case, it keeps the vehicle in the intended lane via regulating counter-steering. The system is automatically activated at speeds above 65 km/h and even functions when there is poor visibility or when it is dark.
- The Rear-view Camera1 supports the driver when manoeuvring and helps them to avoid collision damage. The 8 inch colour display provides the driver with a full view of the space behind the vehicle when reversing.
- The Hill Start Assistant1 offers automated support when starting up on inclines to prevent the vehicle from rolling back.
- The High-beam Assistant1 detects vehicles driving ahead and oncoming vehicles and automatically changes over to low beam before other drivers are blinded.
- The Driver Drowsiness Assistant1 detects deviations from normal driving behaviour that indicate signs of drowsiness and recommends the driver to take a break by means of an acoustic and visual signal.
- The Crosswind Assistant1 keeps the MAN eTGE safely on track when crosswinds occur or when the road is inclined on one side.
1Within the limits of the system
Services for the eTGE
Always fully charged and ready to go.
MAN Transport Solutions
In the process of switching to electromobility, fleet managers often face challenges which go beyond the vehicle itself. Our advisors can offer you tailored solutions that respond to any issues you have regarding usage and route planning, as well as required infrastructures and energy supply.
Whether you need maintenance or repairs – with freely combinable services, specially trained mechanics as well as MAN Genuine Parts and Accessories, we ensure that you can always stay on the road. In addition, you’ll benefit from flexible MAN workshop opening times as well as an uptime guarantee in the event of a breakdown.
There is never a good time for a breakdown. However, if something does happen, all you have to do is call our Mobile24 number – the same number across all of Europe – and we’ll be there for you 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. If required, you’ll receive support from an MAN service vehicle from a nearby workshop.
Full cost control and more efficiency. With the MAN eTGE, you’ll also benefit from tailored repair and maintenance contracts. This reduces the risk of unexpected repair costs and your expenses related to repair and maintenance management. You can find detailed information about the individual repair and maintenance contracts directly from your MAN dealership.
Find out for yourself!
Arrange your test drive with the MAN eTGE now. Your customer service advisor will be glad to arrange a personal appointment with you.